Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Author Interview With Jeffrey Martin


Hiya Blogosphere!


It's our third post for the Indie Author Blog Hop, and do we have a treat for you all today! We had the pleasure of chatting with Author Jeffrey Martin on the blog about himself, his book, and we even got him to spill some tea (gossip/details). But first, we need to take care of some business, and present you with a little blurb for Jeffrey Martin's thriller novel 3:16:



For most people, an experience with social networking helps them connect with new acquaintances and bridge the gap between long-lost friends. But one man has adopted its resources to fulfill a more sinister agenda.

Brandon Thornley uses the database to search for potential victims as he feeds his thirst for blood. What Brandon doesn’t realize is that someone has accepted his request…and this person is even more ruthless than him.

New Haven Police Detective Patrick Morgan is assigned to investigate a string of ritualistic murders, which leads him to discover that the killer has left behind something valuable.Armed with the evidence he needs to bring a madman to justice, Detective Morgan sets his sights on his target. Unfortunately for him, he’s not the only one, and his competition will do anything to ensure he fails.

And now the moment you've all been wating for...our interview with Author Jeffrey Martin:


1. In seven words or less, how would you describe your novel 3:16?

Social Networking and serial killer collide!


2. What are you currently working on now?

I’m working on three projects right now. The first, is a novella titled, Cupid’s Kill. I have brought back my two protagonists from Deadly Demented, Brian Jeffers and Kelli Jordan, and this time they try to catch a serial killer who extracts the human heart of his victims, replacing it with something you won’t believe…. Hehe.

The next is a digital novella, author collaboration with Giovanni Gelati titled, Forsaken. It’s about a serial killer, who leaves a unique calling card at the feet of all of his victims. A calling card written in blood!

My third project is my fourth novel, Weaving Evil. A female serial killer utilizes the poisonous toxins of the Brown, Recluse, Black Widow, African Bannana Spider, and many other dangerous arachnid to take revenge on her male victims.


3. Where did your draw your inspiration for your story 3:16?

I watch how social networking has become the kool-aid for today’s trendy, and if you could add a serial killer utilizing it for his own personal pleasure, it would be very intriguing indeed.  


4. What do you enjoy doing when you're not writing?

I spend a great deal of free time, on a rigorous physical fitness routine, and enjoy the adrenalin I get from that, to start my creative juices.


5. What writer(s) has been a big influence on you and your writing?

There are two authors in particular, whom I attribute my interest in pursuing the writing field. The first is, John Saul. I remember reading his books in high school, and the teenage protagonist was perfect for me. Mixing in horror and suspense was something I believe he did with perfection. Plus, being a teenager myself, I could truly identify with his main character. (No, I didn’t kill any adult in a horrific manner… lol). The second author is John Sandford. I read his books, while I was in the Marine Corps and the Lucas Davenport series was one of the best I have ever experienced. Using a Midwest Law Enforcement official hit close to home, because I was from there, and it was easy to identify with the places he mentions in his work. To this day, I think Lucas Davenport is out there, catching evil-doers and running his software company…


6. What element of your story did you enjoy writing the most and why?

I enjoyed incorporating the true meaning to the 3:16 title, and creating another subplot, that really made the book what is is.


7. Do you have anything in common with your main character?

I think Brian Jeffers from my first two novels, is a pretty accurate account of who I am, and what makes me tick. I put a great deal of energy into him, and it seems, most people enjoy him as a featured protagonist.


8. If you could have a paranormal power or be any type of creature, what would it be?

I would like to have ESP. The ability to see the future, and be able to make changes accordingly. Boy, do I have a good paranormal story in mind for next year.


9. What is your favorite book that has been made into a movie?

The Lovely Bones would have to be favorite. The casting for the appropriate parts were outstanding. The female lead playing Susie Salmon made the movie what it was. A very great book, turned into a wonderful heart-touching film.


Here are just a few places where you can connect with Jeffrey Martin to check him and his work out:

http://jeffreymartinsnovels.wordpress.com/

http://crimespace.ning.com/profile/JeffreyMartin

http://www.myspace.com/jeffreymartinjr

http://www.facebook.com/people/Jeffrey-Martin-Jr/1401920522

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jeffrey-Martin-Jr/86427366235

http://astore.amazon.com/jefsmys-20/detail/0578070391

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1935407015?ie=UTF8&tag=jefsmys-
20&linkCode=xm2&camp=1789&creativeASIN=1935407015

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0982115032?ie=UTF8&tag=jefsmys-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=1789&creativeASIN=0982115032

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0030GFC5O?ie=UTF8&tag=jefsmys-20&link_code=as3&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=B0030GFC5O

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/22465

http://www.amazon.com/Misery-Unleashed-ebook/dp/B004ZM8O3E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1304725070&sr=1-1

July 21st is the next stop for the Indie Author Blog Hop. So make sure you hop on over to these sites for more spilt tea:

Reena Jacobs hosts an interview with Angel Haze about her thriller, Bloodletter.
Angel Haze interviews us on her blog.
*Don't Forget To Enter The Huge Indie Author Blog Hop Giveaway!* http://www.angelhaze.com/2011/07/01/blog-hop/

1 comment:

  1. Great interview! Sounds like an interesting story...I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete